viernes, 19 de enero de 2018

1/72 Nexus/Atlantic Ancient Egyptians update

Hi everybody, 

The second spearmen unit of my generic Egyptian generic army is done, I'm quite happy about the result. With the previous one they will form the core of the army. Next a small hand to hand unit, some archers and chariots. For the later, I've got already the chariots from Atlantic and Caesar. 

The Atlantic/Nexus one's is not bad, but the wheels are really a downer, so I bought the Caesar set, much better researched and done, I guess I will mixed both until I find a solution for the wheels. Once all of this they're painted I will started with their foes, the Sea People.

However after painting them and other stuff, a few lessons have to be drawn:


-The work on the base have to be more clean. Some figures got their legs and feet too "dirty" with the dry brush and the texture applied overlapped the bases, so I should be more careful.


- I've got to find a more appropriate set up for the next pictures, a mess and stained table can definitively be improved to a more neutral background or , as I will add some scenery a themed set-up.


I will probably add some more observations to that list. The two units are now in their box, which bottom is coated with a steel shit and the miniatures bases have some magnet rubber. I decided for once to invest some money on a decent storage system to preserve the painting work. 


Here the pictures:


The second unit:





The two units together:





4 comentarios:

  1. Excellent painting once again, I like them a lot!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thank you, I never thought that to share my work trough a blog, it will give me the energies to paint more.
    By the way , Phil , Can you recommend me books, readings on Egyptian warfare?
    Cheers.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Oh, I've mostly read Osprey books on that subject, particularly the Kadesh Campaign book.

      Eliminar