lunes, 22 de enero de 2018

Some of the goals for 2018

Hi everybody, 

This post is a kind of official stance, to impose myself some goals for 2018. The following are the projects that I would like to finish this year:

- Keep on painting the Ars Bellica Club Great Northern War collection, 

My friends of Ars Bellica, flooded my shelves with a huge 1/72 commission to paint. The different countries at war are present even Cossacks and Ottomans. I couldn't resist myself and bought one of the huge Strelets box the court of Peter I. 

Finish the remaining Egyptian themed figures : 

- Bowmen

- Hand to hand small unit
- Command bases
- Chariots 
- Do some themed scenery, like rocky ground areas, palm trees, bushy areas etc... some houses, maybe some cattle.
- Then paint the Sea people Caesar box and maybe another one "foe" , maybe libyan tribes, let's see.

- Retake my really old project the RCW 20-1/72 collection


Through the years I've been collecting a lot of figures for the period, ending with some unfinished units, a lot of WW1 plastic miniatures, Russian related or not, trains (RCW always need trains) and scenery stuff in different stages. Cutting short, a good chunk of my lead&plastic unpainted mountain.

One of the 2018 resolutions , is to start to organize and paint them more regularly so I can start to play, there's several rules sets that I want to try.

- Old school wargaming nostalgia with the George Gush Renaissance rules 1420-1700

With my friend Rocroi1643, we're planning to play again with this venerable rules from one of the modern wargame founding father , George Gush. We want to retake our scale of predilection, 15mm. To do so I'm planning to paint a small French Huguenot Army. It will like coming back some twenty and something back ... Time Machine on, please....


As you can see my workbench is really busy with a lot of different  projects going on. I will inform of the progress regularly and I wait for your commentaries. One of the aim of the blog was to record, and organize my painting output but also to put my work under the scrutiny of fellow wargamers. I think that share our work and tips is a great way to improve our painting, don't you?

Pictures really soon.

4 comentarios:

  1. Thanks for the update Alberto, I'm looking forward to seeing WIP pictures, especially the RCW !

    I have to take note and write out my plans for 2018 in order to "push" myself into action.

    Take care mate.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You're welcome John,

    You're already in action with your Ardennes project going on . I will probably post RCW this week in order to start. That will be a mix of new stuff, chubby, chunky strelets mudjiks and older stuff painted eons ago.

    Take care too

    Un abrazo

    ResponderEliminar
  3. That's a lot to do! I'm specially curious to see the next unit of your ancient Egyptians, one of my favourite :)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Phil , I agree, It's an overloaded planning , the next egyptian will be the swordmen and mace armed figures so nothing too spectacular and then probably the first chariot. Did you paint chariots? I didn't see them in your blog?

    ResponderEliminar