sábado, 20 de marzo de 2021

1/72 Boxer revolt

 During may 2020 I've got the short lived idea to paint the amassed pile of shame by theme or project, trying to focus in achieving something. I decided to start with my Boxer Revolt in 1/72 one of my oldest project in that scale, I started to paint the Orin Boxer set like 12 years ago maybe more. I remember trying new painting tricks, transforming Airfix WW1 Us Infantry into marines, buying littles Buddha statues in Chinese bazars etc... but of course the project staled and stopped, the boxers boxed started a long sleep...Until the last year, when I decided to at last paint the Boxers. 

The Orion set was at the time and still is , a great set. not only the quality of the sculpting, the variety of poses and troop types but simply by is mere existence! 20 years ago I wouldn't imagine that a Boxer Rebellion box of plastic miniatures could even exist. 

One of the consequences of retaking the 55 days in Beijing or Tsientsin  project was to discover this great blog Just need varnish with great posts on the topic and to buy Diana Preston's "The Boxer Rebellion" book to go a bit further of the Ospreys. 

A few pictures of the last may work, the whole Orion set painted except the woman and child miniatures that I didn't find. Soon pictures of the Legation forces.


Boxer mob









Chinese regulars: Manchu bannermen, infantrymen with the more modern uniform.


Kansu braves




1 comentario:

  1. Very very nice paintjob! I didn't know this set, I only knew the Redbox figures related to this period, not the best of Redbox production though. But these Orion figures are really nice, and your paintjob is superb. And I insist, but your figures deserve a closer view too :)

    ResponderEliminar